Vroon Offshore Services S.r.l., IMAT S.r.l. and Global Maritime have signed of a Memorandum of Understanding to jointly co-operate on the development and implementation of an integrated Professional Development Tool (PDT) for offshore personnel involved in Dynamically Positioned (DP) operations.
The integrated PDT will fulfil the following objectives:
- Competences’ Assessment of DP Personnel
- Continuous improvement and development of DP Personnel
The integrated PDT is intended to enhance continuous professional development of people, supporting a shift from a compliance-based culture to an awareness and accountability centred culture.
The PDT of DP personnel will comprise of two items:
- Shore Based assessment and training
To cover theoretical knowledge
To cover mission specific (non vessel specific) operational knowledge
- Offshore assessment and training
To cover vessel specific theoretical knowledge
To cover mission specific operational knowledge (vessel specific)
The PDT will harmonize and incorporate both IMCA and MTS guidelines on personnel development and competences assessment, with the aim to fulfil the highest standards as specified in the OVMSA programme.
In the Picture from the left:
- Capt. Modestino Manfredi (Training Coordinator - IMAT)
- Alessio Lombardi (Global BD Manager Marine & Shipping – Global Maritime)
- Cristiano Vattuone (Manager Ship Management - Vroon Italy)
- Fabrizio Monticelli (Chief Executive Officer - IMAT)
Interested in more news and updates from Global Maritime?