Over the years, the maritime industry and in particular the Oil & Gas industry has developed a multitude of international standards and guidelines for verifying the redundancy and reliability of vessels. Organizations like the International Maritime Contractors Association (IMCA), created these standards to minimize operational risk and to avoid environmental and personnel fatalities.
Global Maritime, as one of the founding members of IMCA, has been contributing to these rules and guidelines for decades. We have recognized many similarities between offshore vessels and cruise ships with respect to technical complexity, international regulations and requirements as well as to equipment and procedures.
Our solutions for the design and operation of passenger vessels combine statutory regulations, international rules and requirements with industry best practice.
We call this the: Safe Return to Port (SRtP) Assurance Package.
- Support in the vessel design & engineering process to achieve a SRtP- compliant redundancy concept
- Development of a SRtP-compliant design philosophy
- SRtP assessments and Failure Mode and Effective Analysis (FMEA)
- Proving trials and test programs for new building projects
- Regular verification trials and test programs
- FMEA interfaces to optimize on-board safety and decision support systems
- Tailor-made SRtP Operations Manual including relevant procedures in line with statutory requirements (ISM/SMS)
- Individual training and competence scheme for key personnel, in cooperation with training facilities if required
Recognized for excellence by shipping companies, yards, offshore contractors, regulation bodies, governments, underwriters and P&I clubs, Global Maritime combines extensive safety experience, in- depth knowledge of regulatory guidelines and a wealth of operational experience to provide high-quality marine assurance services.
As one of the leading independent marine consultancies we regularly support projects that are technically demanding from both operational and engineering perspectives to minimize the risk of incidents and maximize efficiencies.
Our long-term partnerships with our customers are based on transparency, trust and flexibility. Our range of services to the cruise ship industry is tailored to each customer. Understanding our customers requirements, we contribute to the overall result of the operation by reducing risk exposure, assuring integrity of the asset and increasing the operational confidence of the key personnel.
Outcomes of our Safe Return to Port (SRtP) Assurance Package
- Independent third party verification of systems and their interfaces
- Detection and support in managing downtime risk
- Bridging gaps between design and operation
- Lifetime compliance with statutory regulations and class requirements
- Confidence in performance of personnel and assets.