Our Marine Casualty Investigation department offers an experienced team of mariners, engineers, naval architects and surveyors to provide a global response service for our clients. We provide expert assistance to P&I clubs, marine solicitors and insurance interests when things have gone wrong.
We investigate a broad range of incidents, including the cause, nature and extent of damage as a result of marine collisions, groundings, and other incidents.
Our team also includes civil engineers, dynamic positioning specialists, mooring specialists, as well as computer software designers and modellers. As such, we combine the practical experience of our mariners with the technical expertise of our naval architects and civil engineers, and use our comprehensive in-house suite of sophisticated software for numerical modelling analysis.
We also routinely act as independent technical experts in matters involving litigation and insurance claims.
Our services include:
- Hull & Machinery damage investigations and surveys
- Preparation of damage repair specifications
- Desktop reviews, expert witness, and technical assistance
- Protection and Indemnity damage surveys and investigations
- Loss of hire investigations
- Shipping traffic data analysis and event reconstruction using VER for investigations including:
- Vessel Collisions
- Fixed and Floating object damage
For details of our 24/7 response line and additional services, please contact Peter Lyall.